Viterra is seeking a Business Analyst. The Business Analyst helps to ensure that software developers build applications that meet our users’ needs. Your role is to understand the requirements, document them and map them in user stories. You should also be able to advise the business about potential process improvements, notably regarding their level of automation. You discuss the user stories with the development team and answer any questions before and during implementation. At the end of each Sprint you provide a demo to the relevant key-users and Product Owner.
Our world-leading, fully integrated agriculture network connects producers and consumers to supply sustainable, traceable and quality-controlled agricultural products.
With our talented people, decades of experience and diverse capabilities, we offer innovative solutions to open pathways and create value for customers through our supply chains.
As a responsible long-term business, we will continue to invest in and develop our network, allowing us to meet the needs of a growing world.
Together, we are stronger and achieve more.
Department you will be working for
This is a dynamic position with lots of responsibility within a growing team. You will work closely together with tech and innovation enthusiasts. Your work location will be our office in Rotterdam. Travelling to our offices across Europe and outside of Europe may be an opportunity when relevant.
The team is part of the Global Application Development department and consists of the Product Owner, Business analysts, developers and testers. Our Scrum Master supports the team.
Viterra is an exciting and challenging place to work, with many opportunities to develop your skills and your career. For this position, we are looking for someone who:
- Has strong communication skills;
- Is a team player;
- Likes to talk with the business and build and deliver solutions which will help them in their day to day business;
- Gets energy from working in a dynamic and challenging environment;
- Is eager to learn from colleagues from different backgrounds;
- Has a great understanding of Stakeholder management;
- Is critical, analytical, pro-active and has the ability to solve problems;
- Eager to develop understanding of the workings of a complex commodity business.
Required skills and experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience and the ability to manage own work and the work of others;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the commodity market similar to Viterra;
- Experience preparing and documenting business requirements, working with user stories, business process modeling or data modeling;
- Bachelor degree Information Technology or relevant area of expertise;
- Experience with writing SQL queries for compiling test data or performing impact analyzes;
- Affinity with web based and mobile development;
- Understanding of the importance of (automated) testing and the different test layers;
- Experience with offshore development preferably India;
- Good presentation skills, and ability to communicate with various audiences, including end users, managers, and members of the IT team;
- Good in English (spoken and written).
- Flexible in working hours; occasional work during evenings or weekends should be expected.
The position you are applying for is part of our Global Application Development department.
Viterra is an exciting and challenging place to work, with many opportunities to develop your skills and your career.
We are located in over 35 countries and employing over 17.500 people worldwide. You will work in an informal and international orientated team, and be part of an organization that offers room for personal growth. As well as this, we offer:
- A competitive salary based on your knowledge and experience;
- Flexible and very attractive pension scheme at ABN AMRO where we as an employer pay 100%;
- Monthly salary as holiday allowance;
- Working in an office located in the Centre of Rotterdam, next to Blaak station and the Martkhal;
- We also offer a collective healthcare insurance (Zilveren Kruis) and travel allowance.
A reference check and integrity screening by a third party are part of our procedure.