Viterra is seeking a Business Controller for our office in Rotterdam. In this position you are responsible for different aspects of Trade Accounting and you will be working in a dynamic, international and challenging environment where you will be in contact with our core business about the financial results for the commodities you take responsibility.
Our world-leading, fully integrated agriculture network connects producers and consumers to supply sustainable, traceable and quality-controlled agricultural products.
With our talented people, decades of experience and diverse capabilities, we offer innovative solutions to open pathways and create value for customers through our supply chains.
As a responsible long-term business, we will continue to invest in and develop our network, allowing us to meet the needs of a growing world.
Together, we are stronger and achieve more.
About the team
Our Business Control team is part of our Accounting department within Viterra B.V. and consists of 9 colleagues. The team is supportive, motivated and ambitious and works together in an informal way.
- Preparing the Trade Balance Sheets and Trade P&L of a number of commodities;
- Preparing global results of the Viterra group per commodity and analysing the outcomes together with accountants from many different offices;
- Mark-to market valuations of commodity, derivatives and freight positions;
- Being involved in the reconciliation of inventory and derivatives positions with third party statements and in the audit process of Viterra B.V.;
- Various ad-hoc business requests and (IT) projects to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting and reporting processes.
- Master’s degree in (Financial) Economics or any relevant area;
- Master’s degree in (Financial) Economics or any relevant area+ 3 years’ experience in an audit firm, preferably Big 4;
- IT literate with preferably extensive knowledge of MS Office and SAP;
- Practical attitude, strong communication skills and a pro-active, no-nonsense mentality;
- Accurate, good analytical skills, independent, team player;
- Curiosity and willingness to learn the company’s business;
- Fluent in English (in word and writing).
Viterra is an exciting and challenging place to work, with many opportunities to develop your skills and your career. We are located in over 35 countries and employing over 17.500 people worldwide. You will work in an informal and international orientated team, and be part of an organization that offers room for personal growth. As well as this, we offer:
- A competitive salary based on your knowledge and experience;
- Flexible and very attractive pension scheme at ABN AMRO where we as an employer pay 100%;
- Monthly salary as holiday allowance;
- Working in an office located in the Centre of Rotterdam, next to Blaak station and the Martkhal;
- We also offer a collective healthcare insurance (Zilveren Kruis) and travel allowance.
A reference check and integrity screening by a third party are part of our procedure.