We are looking for a Vessel Operations Officer, who is ready for the responsibility to execute an efficient and effective operation of chartering transactions.
Our world-leading, fully integrated agriculture network connects producers and consumers to supply sustainable, traceable and quality-controlled agricultural products. With our talented people, decades of experience and diverse capabilities, we offer innovative solutions to open pathways and create value for customers through our supply chains. As a responsible long-term business, we will continue to invest in and develop our network, allowing us to meet the needs of a growing world. Together, we are stronger and achieve more.
From the start, you will operate and coordinate your own vessels and be responsible for the enormous load of commodity on those vessels. You will build up relationships and have contact with different people all over the world; port agents, captains. This is a demanding and satisfying job, because you are in charge of all the details of your vessels, which are an important link in the logistical chain to transport the commodities to different ports.
- Bachelor in relevant field such as nautical, technical or maritime field of study;
- Passion for shipping;
- Strong planning, organizational and communicative skills;
- Practical pro-active attitude;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- The ability to work independently and as a team player;
- Analytical and working accurately;
- Recognizes our 5 core values of safety, entrepreneurialism, simplicity, responsibility and openness;
- Eager to develop understanding of the workings of a complex commodity business.
Viterra is an exciting and challenging place to work, with many opportunities to develop your skills and your career.
We are located in over 35 countries and employing over 17.500 people worldwide. You will work in an informal and international orientated team, and be part of an organization that offers room for personal growth. As well as this, we offer:
- A competitive salary based on your knowledge and experience;
- Flexible and very attractive pension scheme at ABN AMRO where we as an employer pay 100%;
- A month salary as holiday allowance;
- Working in an office located in the Centre of Rotterdam, next to Blaak station and the Martkhal;
- We also offer a collective healthcare insurance (Zilveren Kruis) and travel allowance.
A reference check and integrity screening by a third party are part of our procedure.