Viterra B.V. is seeking a Manager Financial Control to become part of our Accounting Department in Rotterdam. In this role, you will be reporting to the Group Controller and managing the Financial Control team. You will be responsible for organizing the work of the team consisting out of 7 Financial Controllers and 1 Coordinator. The team is primarily responsible for the accounting, financial closing cycle, statutory reporting, VAT and Corporate Income Tax returns and overhead reporting of Viterra B.V. and other Dutch Viterra entities.
Our world-leading, fully integrated agriculture network connects producers and consumers to supply sustainable, traceable and quality-controlled agricultural products.
With our talented people, decades of experience and diverse capabilities, we offer innovative solutions to open pathways and create value for customers through our supply chains.
As a responsible long-term business, we will continue to invest in and develop our network, allowing us to meet the needs of a growing world.
Together, we are stronger and achieve more.
Our Financial Control team is part of our Accounting department within Viterra B.V. and consists of 9 colleagues who are responsible for the financial reporting of e.g 50 private limited companies. The team is diverse and consists of motivated and ambitious colleagues who work together in a practical and informal way.
- Managing the work of the Financial Control team of 8 FTE:
- Reviewing the monthly (non-trade) financials of Viterra B.V.;
- Reviewing internal and external reporting of the Dutch legal entities with financing and investment activities;
- Reviewing statutory financial statements for these companies based on Dutch GAAP;
- Reviewing IFRS group reporting for these companies on a monthly basis;
- Reviewing overhead reporting, including budget vs actual analysis and updating forecasts,
- Supervising and reviewing the work of the VAT Manager;
- Preparing the Corporate Income Tax Returns for all Dutch companies, together with our external service provider and internal tax team;
- Preparing the Dutch Local File for Transfer Pricing, together with our external service provider.
- Coordinating the annual overhead budgeting process for the NL companies and for the Corporate group overheads;
- Executing ad-hoc business and IT projects;
- Advising the accounting/control team of Viterra Botlek B.V.;
- Monitoring and reviewing of the admin of offshore holding companies;
- Staying up to date on relevant developments within accounting principles (IFRS);
- Support corporate restructurings.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance or related field, RA/RE/CPA qualifications are a pre;·
- At least 5 years’ experience in an audit firm (preferably in a Big 4 firm) or in an international control team;
- Good communication skills both in English and Dutch (spoken and written);
- Strong computer skills (Excel);
- Experience in tax (reporting), both for VAT and Corporate Income Tax is a pre.
- Problem solving mentality with the ability to identify key issues fast while paying attention to details;
- Practical and proactive attitude;
- Able to work independently and is simultaneously a strong team player;
- People and managerial skills;
- Effective in setting priorities in the daily workload.
The position you are applying for is part of our Accounting department. You will work in an informal and diverse team, and be part of an international organization that will help develop your skills and expertise. As well as this, we offer:
- A competitive salary;
- Flexible and attractive pension scheme;
- A month salary as holiday allowance:
- Working in an office located in the Centre of Rotterdam, next to Blaak station.