Viterra is looking a Microsoft Exchange Engineer to join our global Messaging & Collaboration team.
As we gear up for more improvements in our on premise email infrastructure, which includes security and Cloud migration plans, we are looking for talented, fast learner engineers, who are ready to take on the challenge and bring us to the next level!
Our world-leading, fully integrated agriculture network connects producers and consumers to supply sustainable, traceable and quality-controlled agricultural products. With our talented people, decades of experience and diverse capabilities, we offer innovative solutions to open pathways and create value for customers through our supply chains. As a responsible long-term business, we will continue to invest in and develop our network, allowing us to meet the needs of a growing world. Together, we are stronger and achieve more.
This vacancy is part of our Global IT Headquarters, located in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. We have more than 150 IT employees in Rotterdam, divided over 8 main teams: PMO-Office, Business Intelligence, Global IT Operations, Security, Global Application Development, Global Application Support, Centre of Expertise SAP and Enterprise Architecture.
You will be a member of the Messaging & Collaboration team (or Messaging and Identities) which is part of the Global IT Operations. The Messaging team (as it’s called in short) is responsible for:
- Exchange (email),
- Active Directory (identities, DNS, PKI),
- Multifactor Authentication,
- Mobile management,
- Skype for Business
The team is currently composed of around 6/7 engineers.
As there are plenty of technologies/services offered and supported by the team, each engineer can easily make use of his/her skills in various areas in the same team and learn new technologies from the direct colleagues.
As an Exchange Engineer (Messaging Engineer), you take responsibility for the support and maintenance of our global Microsoft Exchange environment. You will be providing 2nd/3rd level support to our user community and our email infrastructure. You will be thinking along with our senior engineers and architects to improve our current email infrastructure design and help maintain our environment to get it ready for new technological advancement and innovations.
Amongst others, you will be responsible for:
- Providing 2nd & 3rd level support to our global user community;
- Participate in global messaging projects;
- Improving our current email infrastructure design;
- Enable the environment to for new technological advancements.
For this position, we are looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of 3-5 years proven experience in supporting and maintaining Microsoft Exchange server and Windows Server in general preferably in an international setting;
- Experience in maintaining Email infrastructure on premise and in the Cloud (O365);
- Experience in PowerShell scripting when maintaining Email (Exchange) infrastructure;
- Experience in creating, maintaining Mailboxes, Shared mailboxes, DLs, etc, using PowerShell;
- Experience in maintaining users in Active Directory services (AD);
- Practical experience troubleshooting Windows server performances;
- Good understanding of protocols like TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, NetBIOS, etc;
- Understanding of external DNS configurations;
- Understanding of Mail gateways concepts and technologies (ex.: Ironport, fortimail);
- relevant Microsoft certification (MCSA/E, MCP,… );
- The Ability to work independently, research and documentation;
- Proficiency in English. Proficiency in Dutch is a plus;
- Flexibility in working hours; occasional work during evenings or weekends should be expected.
Viterra is an exciting and challenging place to work, with many opportunities to develop your skills and your career.
We are located in over 35 countries and employing over 17.500 people worldwide. You will work in an informal and international orientated team, and be part of an organization that offers room for personal growth. As well as this, we offer:
- A competitive salary based on your knowledge and experience;
- Flexible and very attractive pension scheme at ABN AMRO where we as an employer pay 100%;
- A month salary as holiday allowance;
- Working in an office located in the Centre of Rotterdam, next to Blaak station and the Martkhal;
- We also offer a collective healthcare insurance (Zilveren Kruis) and travel allowance.
A reference check and integrity screening by a third party are part of our procedure.